Should daily bathing for babies is a problem that many people are interested in, especially for first-time mothers. Because in the early days of the child’s immune system is still weak, so much bathing according to the thoughts of many mothers, is also very likely to cause colds for children. So the daily bath for the baby needs to be too worried, and how should mom fit to keep the baby’s health? We invite moms to follow the related content in more detail below.
Should we bathe babies every day?
Despite the weak immune system of infants, it is easy to sweat, especially on hot summer days. If the mother does not clean the baby daily, there is a risk of skin rash, or some serious dermatitis, etc.
In the early days after birth, a baby’s navel is not shed. Therefore, instead of mothers bathing their babies in a bath, they should clean each part of their body such as the face, neck, hands, feet, and especially in the groin, anus, genitals, … Note that just dip the towel in warm water, mothers do not need to use soap for babies under 4 weeks old. If so, I need to choose soap suitable for this age of children.
After 6 weeks when the infant’s umbilical cord has dried, the mother can bathe in a tub for babies daily. However, during the cold, monsoon days, mothers should not bathe their children, only every 2-3 days to bathe once. After each bath for infants should be dried for children.
Mothers should remember that the best time to bathe their children is during the day before they nap and reach around noon. Children should not be bathed when they are hungry, this will make them cry and bathing will become much more difficult. At the same time, when children are full, they should not take a bath, because scrubbing movements can make children vomit.
A few notes when bathing infants should mothers should be concerned
The first thing you should keep in mind is that the best time for bathing your baby is from 10 am to no later than 3 pm. Depending on the season, the mother can adjust the baby’s shower time to ensure the necessary warmth of the surrounding space.
The next important thing is for mothers to prepare water for children before bathing. Bathwater must be boiled water, reaching a temperature of about 38-40 degrees C. Should touch your hands to check the heat of the water to see if it has or not.
Newborns should be bathed in air-tight rooms with room temperatures between 28 and 30 degrees Celsius. Infant baths should also be well ventilated, damp, damp, and dusty. To avoid impacts from the external environment affecting the health of newborns.
The mother should consult and choose the type of shampoo, shower gel for specialized babies. Mothers are advised to only use these products when the child is at the age of 4 weeks or older. Do not flush water directly on young people, especially the young chest, so it will cause heat shock, very dangerous. You should use a wet cloth to wipe children and should bath from the bottom up, to help children get used to the temperature, as well as be more interested.
After all, if the baby’s health is good, she doesn’t have to worry too much about showering her every day. However, if you observe the health of the baby in the day is not good, the baby is uncomfortable and does not seem healthy, the mother can just wipe the baby quickly, to avoid the baby susceptible to colds, coughs,. ..
Instructions on basic steps for newborn babies
- Step 1: Mom takes off too many children’s pants. However, mothers do not take off nappies.
- Step 2: For children over 4 weeks, moms should apply shampoo to dry skin. Pay attention to the buffalo shit on the head to soften them, helping the baby’s scalp cleaner.
- Step 3: You can apply a little massage oil to your baby on the chest, abdomen, and back. This is to make your baby’s body warmer when exposed to water.
- Step 4: Wet the towel with warm water and wipe the face, eyes, and groin, front, and back of the ear.
- Step 5: Next, mothers will wash their children by wet their hair, apply shampoo, then wash with warm water. Quickly dry the head after shampooing.
- Step 6: Bathe the baby in the whole body, the mother takes off the diaper, then places the child in the basin, so hold the baby’s head and neck firmly. Then clean each part of the child. Finally, rinse the child with clean water.
- Step 7: Dry the young person with a soft cloth. Note dry in areas such as armpits, groin, hands, and feet of children.
- Step 8: Apply oil to children on the abdomen and soles of the feet, this action is quick to help the baby’s body warm.
- Step 9: Quickly wear clothes, diapers, towels, and warm them.
Should we bathe our babies every day? Although in the early stages of life, the baby is very sensitive, the baby’s resistance is still weak. But bathing the baby is also necessary, to avoid heat rash for babies. Mothers need to pay attention to the health of the baby every day. Let’s choose a bath time, bathwater, suitable space, … to ensure the baby’s bath is safe, does not make the baby susceptible to colds. Wishing you a good mother always.